Friday, July 17, 2009

The Williamsburg Spiritualist

Yesterday we went to Colonial Williamsburg. It was a very different day for us. We had a camera crew from CBN following us on our ministry outing. First they asked if they could follow me and Doey. Arik came with us so I kind of pulled off so we weren't such a large intimidating group. While Arik and Doey were in conversation a young man approached the camera crew and started asking about their equipment. One of the crew started telling him what we were doing. Later I started talking to him about what he believed. He called himself a "spiritualist". He was very intelligent and really wanted truth. He wanted experience in what he believed and didn't just want to believe whatever he was told. He had read a lot and formed his beliefs on what he felt he had proof for. We talked for a while, and I was really interested in understanding where he was coming from. He was aware of spiritual warfare and grown up a non-demonational Christian Church. I asked him why he had left the church and he said he kept asking questions that no one was giving him answers too. For this I admonish all Christians reading this, please study your beliefs. Know why you believe what you believe that you may be able to give every man an answer. If there is one place a man should be able to find truth and answers it's with the people of God. Be prepared. I wish I could have talked to the young man longer and shared more of the truth and hope I've found in Christ but he had to leave. If you are that young man I want you to read a book for me. It's called "The 10 most common objections to Christianity" by Alex McFarland. I would also suggest anything by Lee Strobel. I know that because of your honest search for truth you will find it.

Carolyn

1 comment:

  1. What a great follow up,,I will pray that this young see this and finds his answer ,,which is Christ Jesus...I am sure Ya'll are getting weary..It has been along trip..But be not weary in well doing..I pray God restores Ya'll's entergy for the rest of your Adventure... God Bless......Keep on Keeping on .. Love, Your sister in Christ,,,, Linda

    ReplyDelete