Wednesday, June 15, 2011

EL-ROI "The Strong One Who Sees"

-Frank Joseph Espinosa II


We are just under a week away from heading out. At this time next week we will be on the ground in Baltimore, beginning this great adventure set before us. Every emotion from exuberance, to apprehension, to pure awe is running through my mind, and rightly so from a natural perspective. We are leaving the comforts of our calm, New Mexican lifestyle and entering into the most populated, diverse, and just plain daunting part of the entire country, all to share with, what could be hostile, people, who our God is. It's a pretty intimidating task, IF we forget just who our God is.

“Woe to the one who quarrels with his Maker—
An earthenware vessel among the vessels of earth!
Will the clay say to the potter, ‘What are you doing?’
Or the thing you are making say, ‘He has no hands’?
Or to a woman, ‘To what are you giving birth?’ ”
“Ask Me about the things to come concerning My sons,
And you shall commit to Me the work of My hands.
I stretched out the heavens with My hands
And I ordained all their host.
-Isaiah 45:9-12 NASB


God has been showing me lately a simple truth that we often forget as Christians. HE IS SOVEREIGN. Our God reigns supreme in every aspect of our lives; including this trip. Whether it's financially, socially, or anything in between God has his mighty hand directing our path before we even embark. When we truly understand that the God of the universe is sovereign this trip doesn't seem so daunting.

Keep checking up on us, as we get ready to leave, and most importantly KEEP PRAYING FOR US. I know God will do amazing things on this trip and am uber-exited that He has allowed me to be used to glorify the great and awesome Name of our God.

No comments:

Post a Comment