Saturday, July 16, 2011

Be Bold!

Looking back on the past 3 weeks I am so grateful that God gave me such an amazing opportunity to share His love. Although I learned many lessons, one of the most important is to always be ready to clearly explain the gospel. Two verses have been on my mind.

2 Timothy 4:2
"Preach the word; be ready in season and out of season; reprove, rebuke, and exhort, with complete patience and teaching."

1 Peter 3:15 "But in your hearts honor Christ the Lord as holy, always being prepared to make a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you; yet do it with gentleness and respect."

God has really been showing me that I need to be ready to share the gospel no matter the time, day, or place. These past 3 weeks I talked with some Christians who were unable to clearly give biblical reasons for who Jesus is, why they are Christians, or could not explain the gospel. This really made me think because not too long ago I was in their position. As children of God we are called to boldly proclaim the name of Jesus and what He has done for us. I pray that as days come and go I will not miss any opportunities that God gives me to share His word; I also pray for my brothers and sisters in Christ that they too will be open to what God wants for them and who He want them to talk with.

~Kristen~

No comments:

Post a Comment