Friday, July 24, 2009

God's Call


Hey Guys! Yesterday we were in Philadelphia Pennsylvania and the Lord told me something. Not in person, but you guys know how God works and how he impresses on our hearts a conviction. Doey and I were doing outreach in front of Independence Hall and we came across a mute man. We asked our question and he answered by writing down on a piece of paper his answer. I didn’t want to bother him so I gave him one of our cards and then I walked away. Throughout the rest of the time that we were walking around I kept seeing him sitting on that same bench looking at our card or watching us. Inside of me there was a strong urge to go sit down next to him and talk to him but I kept fighting it as if he didn’t deserve me. I was too, scared to go talk to a man who couldn’t talk that wanted too, yet this whole month I have talked to psychics, Satanists, Mormons, Catholics, Jews, and other Christians. God was calling me to go talk to a man who probably hadn’t talked with anyone in awhile. I never ended up going back to that guy. I guess what I’m trying to make a point about is that no matter what it is that God calls you too, don’t fight God’s call. Whether it is going to Africa to work on missions or even just talking to a guy on a bench. God has much bigger plans for us then we have for ourselves, if we listen to his call those plans will take their full affect. So I encourage you strongly, GOD HAS A CALL FOR YOU, LISTEN, AND FOLLOW, AND LOVE WHAT GOD HAS INSTORE FOR YOU!

Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I sanctified you, I ordained you a prophet to the nations. Jeremiah 1:5

But the Lord said to me: Do not say, I am a youth, for you shall go to all whom I send you, and whatever I command you shall speak. Jeremiah 1:7

-Austin Triplett

No comments:

Post a Comment