Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Amarillo,TX

Hey,
The outreach in Amarillo was our first time talking to people away from home. It was a Sunday and we had planned on stopping and interviewing at a park. Little did we know that our plans were about to change. When we arrived at the park there was no one to be found! This worried us because we didn't really plan a back up place. Pastor Shaun finally decided that we would go to Wal-Mart:). We went to the back of the parking lot, got set up and started scoping for people to talk to. I personally met this great woman, Tammy, she asked not to be on camera, but still gave us her answer. Our question was,"What is our purpose?",and her response was,"To tell people about God." This answer was exactly what we were trying to do! It was great encouragement. On our way back to meet up with the rest of the team, me and Patrick were stopped by a very wise elderly man. Me and him talked, he asked if i was morman or muslim. I said,"Niether, I'm Christian." He asked me to explain what i meant, and i just said "The kind that believes in Jesus Christ." I told him i didn't have a religion just a relationship with Our Lord. He himself was a Catholic since birth. I later explained what we were doing. He also agreed to answer our question, he believed our purpose here was to be honest with ourselves.I don't have a name for him because when i asked for one he said, "Just forget it." I'm keeping him in my prayers along with Tammy. This experience was great, and a little scary. I need prayer to be courageous, because my purpose here is to glorify God!
Talk to you soon,
Ashlee

1 comment:

  1. Amarillo is my hometown and where I was converted to Christianity from Mormonism. All I can say is Good Luck! There's a lot of small churches and one big one that seems to scare people off or make them really wierd. And I'm not talking about the Mormons either! Anyway, keep it up.

    ReplyDelete