Monday, June 20, 2011

"Though He Slay Me...


In preparation for the trip we as a team have been engaged in an Intensive Discipleship Study (heavy emphasis on the Intensive). Part of that study requires us to read large portions of the bible every day. This week we are reading in Job. To those who don’t know the story of Job it goes like this. Job was a righteous man who was blessed tremendously by God (See Job 1:1-3). God knew that Job was an upright man and declared it to Satan, who answered God by saying the only reason Job loved God was because God had blessed him with a good life. So God allowed Satan to torment Job by taking everything he held dear to him; including his family, his livestock, his servants, and even his health, but Job still would not curse God. Then Job’s “friends” came to him and gave him some terrible advice telling him to repent or curse God, yet even still Job remained blameless. That’s where we find this verse:

Why should I take my flesh in my teeth

And put my life in my hands?

“Though He slay me,

I will hope in Him.

Nevertheless I will argue my ways before Him.

- Job 13: 14-15 NASB

In less than two days we will begin our incredible adventure. We have a lot that seems uncertain and daunting, but I have a God who I can trust in. And even if He slay me, still I will hope in Him.

-Frank Joseph Espinosa II

No comments:

Post a Comment