Sunday, June 19, 2011

Paralyzed By Fear





Hello everyone!

Today I was reminded of a story that someone told me a long time ago. It is about a man who died and when he got to heaven he saw hundreds of thousands of people standing before him. At the front of the crowd stood Jesus, ready to greet the man as he entered heaven. The man stood in awe of how many people were before him. He looked over to Jesus and asked, “Are these all the people I helped to save?” Jesus replied, “No, these are all the people you could have helped save, but you were too afraid to do anything.”

When I first heard this story it hit me like a ton of bricks! How many times have I been too afraid to talk to someone about Jesus and His love for us? My fear is that one day I am going to be that man because I let my fear paralyze me. Often times I have been afraid that I will not know what to say, or people will not take be seriously because I am young.

As the time to leave on the tour approaches I pray that God will give everyone on the team boldness to speak to people. I know that when the time comes for us to talk to people, God will give us the words to speak.


“Ah, Sovereign Lord,” I said, “I do not know how to speak; I am only a child.” But the Lord said to me, “Do not say, ‘I am only a child.’ You must go to everyone I send you to and say whatever I command you. Do not be afraid of them, for I am with you and will rescue you,” declares the Lord. Then the Lord reached out his hand and touched my mouth and said to me, “Now, I have put my words in your mouth.” Jeremiah 1:6-9


~Kristen~

No comments:

Post a Comment