Friday, July 8, 2011

The Boston Meditate

Boston is definitely an interesting city with very interesting people. As partners in the park, Jake and I received a couple of rejections before speaking to a young local man, who had very interesting views. As well as, a couple who live in New York, although one was originally from Scotland. Which is pretty cool, if you ask me as well. They were very interesting as well. One was raised Catholic and the other is atheist. Please keep them in your prayers, as well as guy number one.
Trip number two was the more interesting, i guess you would say, out of the two trips. We talked to an amazing lady who had very interesting views. Basically, she was a Born Again Christian. She went to Christian college and everything! She moved to California for the ministry, but fell away from the faith because of her sexuality. She was at the point where she just wasn't sure about God, or the existence of God. So I gave her my number so we could stay in contact. Please pray that God works in her heart and waters whatever seeds are planted.
We also talked to this one guy. He was very interesting as well.
So this is the basic story. Jake and I were walking by this guy in meditation position. We didn't want to disturb him, so we were just gonna keep walking, but he looked over at us and smiled as we walked by. So, Jake, taking it as an invitation, waved and said "Hey!" The man looked at us and said, very mystically, "Hello, what is your journey in life?" Jake responded, "Well we're Non-Denominational Christians, our goal is to live for God." "That's very interesting,"replied the man. "Would you sit down with me and perhaps discuss this topic with me, I'm very open." So Jake said, "Sure. What do you believe?" "You know, I'd like to keep my spirit to myself, so buzz off." So, with raised eyebrows, we walked away and immediately started praying for him. We need to pray for this man, as well as others that are just as lost.
-Kimmie

No comments:

Post a Comment