Monday, July 4, 2011

New York, New York!!!



New York was an amazing place to witness! We went to Central Park and it was nothing like I had thought it would be. It is really a beautiful park and we got to talk with some pretty amazing people. The first person I talked with was a young man who was raised Catholic but left the faith; the second person was raised Christian but decided she wanted to live her life the way she wanted; the third person was raised Christian and when she started seeing all the tragedy in our world, she no longer wanted to believe in a God the could allow so much suffering and destruction. It seems that just about every place we have gone there is someone that used to have faith in God, but for some reason or another they no longer trust in Him. It breaks my heart to see people that no longer have a relationship with our Creator. We serve such an amazing God that deserves our all. During the course of this trip I have realized how content I have become in my walk with God. It seems that some where along the race we are in I started to walk instead of run. As a team we are reading a book called "One Thing You Can't Do In Heaven" by Mark Cahill. This book is so amazing! The one thing that we can't do in Heaven is witness. Reading this book has made me just want to get out on the streets and witness because I don't want people to burn in Hell. I want to start running again instead of waking!

~Kristen~

No comments:

Post a Comment