Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Re-cap of New Orleans Johnny Balloon


So we were in New Orleans and what touched me the most about New Orleans was all the homeless living there. I was not expecting such a large population of homeless living in New Orleans and quite frankly I was mad, Mad that there was nothing being done about the homeless situation by the church or anyone else for that matter.

We met only one man that was trying to make a difference there and his name was Johnny Balloon. Johnny balloon was quite the amazing man, He could quote scripture off the top of his head. He had such an amazing memory that he said was a gift from God. He was sixty-four and challenged me to a arm wrestling matched. I happily agreed and happily lost. Johnny Balloon is not the every day man, He's not rich he's just a ordinary man that brings food to the homeless, Stops and prays with them, Talks with them, Does what he can to help them and make their lives better. I will always consider it a honor to have met such a man as Johnny balloon. I hope some day our paths will cross again and that his story will inspire others as he has inspired me. Maybe even challenge him to re-match at arm wrestling.

No comments:

Post a Comment