Sunday, June 26, 2011

Apostles Church


Today, we arrived in NY. We settled into out hotel and headed to Apostles Church NYC. We took the subway and it took two hours to get there, but it was an interesting experience. We parked Albatross (the van) in Queens and caught the subway there.
Church was amazing!! Worship was awesome and the teaching was great in the very tall cathedral-looking church. The church was beautiful. I think it was built in the 1700s... or something like that. It was old.
J.R. Vassar (the head pastor) was out of town, which bummed me out at first, but the guy who taught was soo good. I'm really glad that we made it in time for church... We got there right when it started.
They had a reading from the Bible before the teaching started, and I thought this was a little odd at first, but I actually really liked it. They also had communion a bit different than I'm used to. It was a lot like Catholic communion except they said, "his body was broken for you" when we got the elements of communion. It was so cool.
I'm thankful for the worship and teaching time today... It was much needed. Tomorrow we head out to Ellis Island to sight see and then we will go witness in Central Park. Please pray.

-Nea

No comments:

Post a Comment