Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Psych


One of my favorite stops so far is Boston. It was so diverse. We went to a park and there were people everywhere from across the globe. We met many interesting people there, but most of my ministry time that day was with a Harvard student. He happened to be doing a survey that was almost identical to our own. He was doing it for his Evolutionary Psychology class. He was intelligent, a searcher. He had already answered most of our questions in his own life beforehand. Most people we encounter do not think so far about what they believe or why. It struck me how incredibly smart, yet so blind he was. He was not hostile nor did he agree with us. We are only students in Los Lunas and Belen so we could hardly debate him but I hope we made him think. Before we left I wrote him a note. Nothing impressive but I just felt compelled to do it. We never got his name but pray that he does not settle for what he has been taught about God or what he has heard. Pray that he will break through the “scientific” fences and see how everything he said compliments God rather than disproves Him.
Caitlin Blea

No comments:

Post a Comment