Friday, July 10, 2009

Opportunity


During this tour there are many things I have learned. One of the lessons is that if I see a person I know I should talk to, but make the conscious choice not to, I will never have the opportunity to speak to that person again. I regret to say that there have been times that I have chosen not to speak. I once heard a story of a man who died and went to heaven. When the man saw where he was he also noticed there was a crowd of people waiting at the gates of Heaven to greet him. The man looked to Jesus with excitement in his voice and asked, “Are these all the people I lead to you?” Jesus replied, “No, these are all the people you could have, but chose not to.” This story has been running through my mind for days, because I do not want that to be me. If God calls me to speak to someone, with His help I can swallow my fear and let Him give me boldness. The What Do You Believe America Tour has provided me with opportunity after opportunity to speak with people on the street and to share my faith. I pray that you will allow God to use you and that you will take every opportunity He sends you. You may not travel around the world or our great nation, but I believe we are given the chance everyday to share our faith. Whether it be in the store or with our family, I encourage everyone to take the chance to share your faith and you will be greatly rewarded.

3 comments:

  1. Amen. Well said. May He empower us to be faithful to speak of Him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true, unfortunatly I think this is something that we are all guilty of and we will be held accountable for those people...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristin Judson wrote this. Sorry, sometimes the names aren't showing up!

    ReplyDelete