Saturday, July 18, 2009

1-888-Psychic-Hotline

I thought Charleston was going to be the same as our previous ministry days. However, I could not have been farther from the truth, for I believe God had a lesson He wanted to teach me. Frankie and I had been assigned to the camera crew for the first half of the day and after interviewing a husband and wife, a very interesting lady approached us and asked if she could answer our question about what truth is. She never really gave us a direct answer to what truth is. She did tell us that she believes we should be doing good in the world by being kind to those around us. Not starting wars and killing children in Pakistan; not judging others because of their race or nationality. During the conversation she started to tell us of her friend that is a psychic and how she is able to see the spirits of dead people floating around Charleston; can predict when a person is going to die and even talk to the spirits. When I heard her speaking these words, I immediately felt God’s Holy Spirit telling me to push deeper into what this mysterious lady believes. The lady ended up asking if Frankie and I could follow her to meet her husband. As we were walking I asked her if she believed in heaven or hell, she replied no. She told us that her psychic friend told her that when you die, if you are a bad person here on earth you will be sent to outer darkness until you can come back to do some good. Then I asked her what she believes happens when a person that has done nothing but good here on earth dies, where do they go. Her answer was she didn’t know so she pulled her cell phone out of her purse, dialed her psychic friend, handed me the phone and said I should ask her our “What is truth” question. (You can imagine how utterly shocked I was) I was completely terrified to talk to a psychic; I had no idea what I was going to say. When I asked the lady who claims to be a psychic what is truth, her answer was basically the same as her friends. She said we need to do good in our world by being kind and doing good works. So I asked her if she believes she’s a good person. She said “Of course I do”. Then I asked her if she believed that we should keep the Ten Commandments and she replied yes. Then I asked her if she would mind if I asked her some questions about the Ten Commandments. The first question I asked her was if she had ever told a lie. She said yes. After a couple of minutes of talking about what lie’s really are and debating whether or not all lies are the same, she started to really get aggravated with me, I could hear a change in her tone of voice. Her friend that Frankie and I had been talking to may have sensed something because she told me she needed her phone back. After hanging up with the psychic, I had so many thoughts running through my mind on how different I could have handled the situation, what more I could have said and what I shouldn’t have said. From that experience I was reminded of Jeremiah 1:6-9 “Then I said: ‘Ah, Lord God! Behold, I cannot speak, for I am a youth.’ But the Lord said to me, ‘Do not say, “I am a youth”, for you shall go to all whom I send you, and whatever I command you, you shall speak. Do not be afraid of their faces, for I am with you to deliver you.” Says the Lord. Then the Lord put forth His hand and touched my mouth, and the Lord said to me, “Behold, I have put my words in your mouth.”

Kristen Judson

4 comments:

  1. Well, the Lord must be putting you in Charge of all the Psycics..I have no doubt what was said was what the Lord wanted you to say...remember we plant the seeds He gives the incresase...and His word NEVER comes back void...Me and my husband went back to New Orleans today did not see any of our friends ..but we are going to get a trip up with our youth group and bring ice chests of sandwiches, fruit and water and feed them and give them all a bible ...your group has really inspired me to motivate our youth and myself also....GOD BLESS..LOVE...Your sister in Christ..Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow My Daughter Im so proud of the way you are letting God use you and teach you! IM amazed at what God is doing in all 17 of your lives each a differnt story but showing His hand at work in your lives. Love Mama Judson

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband, his mom and I were heading back to CT from NY where our fellowship meets and we saw your RV and SUV on the highway today (Sunday). It struck our curiosity and led me to this site. I wanted to encourage you because a lot of the times just your presence alone as a Christian can bring conviction to someone's heart, and although sometimes it makes us feel like we've offended them or done something that made them shrink back from the conversation, it's completely of the Lord and thus a good thing. I look forward to following this blog! It encouraged me today - thanks!
    God Bless,
    Christen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awsome Kristen! As you continue to yield to the Holy Spirit God will never leave you unequipt to be His spokesperson,( a tool in the Masters hand ) Mat 14: 25 “These things I have spoken to you while being present with you. 26 But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you. 27 Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. May the Lord shine through both you and the entire team. God blell you all!

    In His service Pat Novello

    ReplyDelete