Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Hindsight is 20/20

Evidently, I was a bit overzealous when I scheduled the trip. I based the schedule on the travel times given by mapquest. Mapquest must program their travel times for a single individual in a corvette with a cast-iron bladder who never encounters weather or traffic. We, on the other hand, clip along at a standard mosey, getting 8 miles to the gallon. Which greatly extends our travel time. Once we get in to our destination, set up camp, and let 17 people go to the bathroom a good portion of our day is gone. Couple that with rain in Atlanta, a secluded campground in Birmingham, and vehicle issues on the way to Roanoke Island we have been kept from doing outreach in those locations. Hindsight is 20/20, but our schedule is fixed and doesn't slow down for the rest of the tour. So pray for good weather, dependable transportation, and strong bladders. However we have made our devotional time a priority knowing that if we aren't filled we have nothing to give.
-Shaun

4 comments:

  1. Hey Shaun, I use to have everyday of my life planned out...I got on my own nerves.haha.....I never left any room for God's plan..5 years ago I would have never, on the spur of the moment desided to go to New Orleans with Ya'll....OHHH.. what a blessing it was...I know with that many kids you have to have your ducks in a row...But I have no doubt God has Ya'll right where He wants ya'll...God Bless ...Keep on keepin on....................Me and Clifford are going back to New Orleans Friday..I think I am going to look up a few of our new friends and see how they are doing..........God Speed......Tell Dorothy and Terri I said Hello Your sister in Christ Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great priority Shaun, May the Lord continue to show all of you Himself in every endeaver. ps 27:4 One thing I have desired of the LORD,
    That will I seek:
    That I may dwell in the house of the LORD
    All the days of my life,
    To behold the beauty of the LORD,
    And to inquire in His temple.
    5 For in the time of trouble
    He shall hide me in His pavilion;
    In the secret place of His tabernacle
    He shall hide me;
    He shall set me high upon a rock..... 13 I would have lost heart, unless I had believed
    That I would see the goodness of the LORD
    In the land of the living.

    14 Wait on the LORD;
    Be of good courage,
    And He shall strengthen your heart;
    Wait, I say, on the LORD!
    May you all bring Light into the darkness my friends in Christ.

    In His service Pat Novello

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shaun,
    I think God is blessing your tour in many ways and as for time we never seem to plan that where it works. All your Mountain friends and Albuquerque friends are following your tour and your writings. Just know when serving Him what is in your heart is also in His, but He can bring it to compleation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So you guys need iron bladders hugh...you got it! I'll pray for that!

    ReplyDelete