Friday, July 31, 2009

When God Speaks












When God speaks, it truly is an amazing and breath taking experience. Literally it was breath taking for me. On the last day that the Tour was in Washington D.C. we stopped at a Starbucks on our way back to camp. As we were sitting in a circle debriefing and sharing stories of people we had spoken with, a man came in and sat at a table across from us. The instant I saw him I started praying for him. Then I felt God tell me, “Go pray for him.”My reply was, “I am praying.” Again I felt God tell me, “Go pray for him.” At that point I said, “That’s a good one. BUT ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! I can’t go up to this man and tell him God told me to pray for him, it’ll make me look crazy.” Then it dawned on me. I have been traveling the streets of America, talking to countless strangers about the Gospel, yet I’m having a hard time praying for this one man inside Starbucks? I am crazy! By now my heart felt as though it was pounding from my chest; I was breathing heavily and about to cry. Then the man stands and approaches Teri asking who we are. After she explained to him and gave him a card he walked away. He was getting ready to leave when I finally stood up to go pray for him. Of course I didn’t want to go alone, so I had told Austin to go with me. The man was about to walk out the door when I asked him to stop. I have to wonder what was going through his mind when he turned around and saw me almost in tears and a confused Austin standing behind me. When I reached him I basically blurted out, “This may sound crazy, but I feel that God is telling me to pray for you. Can I?” His eyes got huge, his jaw dropped and he said, “This is sudden” so I said, “I know I’m freaked out too, but can I pray for you?” He said yes he wants me to pray that he can find a job. So after I prayed and Austin and I walked away, I felt as though I had done the right thing.

-Kristen Judson-

No comments:

Post a Comment